Eve Chabot was born in Drummondville in 1970 and has lived in Montreal since 1988. After studying arts, music and 2D and 3D multimedia design, she has self-taught the technique of digital painting. In 2006, influenced by the Romantic, Pre-Raphaelite and Renaissance painters, she directed and exhibited her first works in digital painting, a figurative and classical style with her favorite theme: the Imaginary.
During the year 2016, she started harp lessons online, to develop her technical skills. And, at the same time, she renews and deepens her knowledge with a traditional medium, watercolor.
To this day, always inspired by her immediate world and her spirituality, she prefers to work with the watercolor and / or the harp to realize figurative Fantasy artworks.
For project inquiries, contact: email@example.com
I have long been fascinated by the light and nobility that we find in classical painting. In my paintings, I try to translate this enchantment with my mediums, in a contemporary and figurative style, by exploiting the themes of “Fantasy”.
My projects always start with a lot of research. I sketch with pencils, ink, watercolor and my digital tools. Then I will paint in watercolor and finish some compositions in a digital painting software (ArtRage ™). My illustrations are often associated with music. I will also improvise on the harp to translate what I hear and then compose the melody.
I was a dreamy and curious girl who has remained a sensitive and contemplative adult. Through my artistic work, I want to create an emotion by taking a modern look influenced by my time, my immediate universe and my spirituality on rich sources of inspiration: folklore, traditional music, tales, legends, myths and beliefs of human civilizations of all times and all worlds.
Finally, no matter if the result of my creativity is an illustration, a music or a video, my approach could be summed up in a few words:
“Create an Imaginary that delights the mortal heart.”
Awards and Distinctions
- 2nd Prize – 2014
For illustration, the lunar landscape in the contest deviantart ArtRage.
- Boréal 1st Prize – 2013
For visual and audiovisual artistic creation.
- Create illustrations that delight the hearts of mortals – May 2016
In Cafe Community Center Recreation Côte-des-Neiges, Montreal, QC, CA
- Renaissance — January 2018
Usine 106u, Montreal, Qc, CA
- Double-Vision 2016, CAPIC — March 2016
Papermill Gallery, Toronto, Ontario, CA
- “Grippette, les malheurs d’un pauvre diable”, Illustration book cover – author Daniel Mativat, ed. Pierre Tisseyre – 2014
- “Le monstre Obedjiwan, illustration vignette and book cover – author Daniel Mativat, ed. Pierre Tisseyre – 2013
- 2008, Directory of the OIIQ – Illustrations Québec, 2008
- Applied Arts Photography & Illustration Annual, Volume 23, Number 3 | 118 – Canada’s Visual Communications Magazine 2008
Education and Training
- Fun MOOC, Artois University — Fantasy, de l’Angleterre victorienne au Trône de fer – 2017.
- Harp School — Harp Course Online, 2017.
For more information, you can download my CV in pdf format by clicking here.